Our home is a very precious possession for us where we spend our lifetime with our loved ones. In today’s times no aspect of our life is secure from uncertainties including our home. Its safety is our utmost priority.
What is Home Insurance?
Insure your home for a lifetime of Safety and Security
Home Insurance is a contract entered between a customer (the insured) and an insurance company (the insurer), wherein the insurer agrees to pay the insured to rebuild your home and replace everything in it damaged on account of any disaster as mentioned in the policy.
This is a package policy of various sections which covers household / domestic property including items of property therein for which a householder is accountable and / or legally liable.
The Policy Covers
The policy is convenient and easy to understand, with easy documentation and hassle free claims service
- FIRE AND ALLIED PERILS –
Natural calamities, such as fire, lightning, earthquake, landslide, rockslide, flood, inundation, storm, tempest, typhoon, hurricane, tornado, or cyclone
Man-made calamities, such as domestic gas explosions, overflow and bursting of water tank or pipes, damage caused by aircrafts, riots, strikes, malicious or terrorist acts
- BURGLARY AND HOUSE BREAKING
- LOSS OF INSURED JEWELRY
- ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL APPLIANCES such as refrigerators, washing machines, air-conditioners etc.
- FIXED PLATE GLASS and sanitary fittings, including cost of frame, lettering, painting etc. The cover also applies to accidental damage to your appliances caused by the breakage.
- PERSONAL BAGGAGE
- PERSONAL ACCIDENT- protects you and your family members against accidents and violence, leading to bodily injury, disablement (permanent or temporary), or death.
- LEGAL LIABILITY TO DOMESTIC SERVANTS- protects you against liability to the general public for accidental death, bodily injury, or property damage. It also provides you cover for any liability towards your employees under the Workmen’s Compensation Act for any injury or death in the course of their employment.
- LEGAL LIABILITY – to pay compensation to third parties in accordance with Indian Law
- Any loss or damage you suffer because of your or your domestic staff’s direct/indirect involvement in an attempted burglary
- Any loss or damage on account of loss of livestock, motor vehicles, pedal cycles, money, securities for money, stamp, bullion, deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, stock or share certificates, business books, manuscripts, documents of any kinds, ATM debit or credit cards (unless previously specifically covered by the company)
- Any loss or damage to any property that is illegally acquired or stored and is subject to forfeiture
- Any loss or damage occurring while your house is unoccupied for a period of more than 30 days consecutively, and you have failed to inform the insurance company about it
All the standard exclusions of the respective policies shall be applicable for the respective sections.
Additional Covers: That can be taken on payment of extra premium Terrorism cover, Debris removal cost, Costs to comply with building regulations following damage, Professional fees towards architects, surveyors, etc. for superintending a building during rebuilding, Cost of moving contents of your home to a temporary residence, Increase in sum insured throughout the year to guard against inflation, Loss of rent for landlord