Travel Insurance is an insurance policy which covers all risks while you are travelling within India or abroad. Everybody loves to travel. Travelling is an amazing experience & fun to cope up with stress & depression. While spending quality time with friends & family on a vacation, you live many key moments and collect unforgettable memories forever.
Whether you’re planning to travel for a business trip, enjoying vacation either with family or close friends, or studying abroad, it’s highly recommended to buy travel insurance plan to take care of risks or losses that might occur during the trip. Travel Insurance is meant to protect you & your loved ones from unforeseen circumstances, even if you are not with them.
What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
- Covers for Passport and Baggage Loss
- Medical Cost Coverage
- Trip Coverage
- Covers Flight Delay and Cancellations
- No Extra Cost for Pre-Existing Diseases
- Personal Accident and Liability Covered
- Quick Claim Reimbursement with Cashless Options
Travel Insurance Types
You can choose which coverage to opt for on the basis of your specific requirement. Travel plans and policy offer coverage against all possible emergency situations during transit.
- Domestic Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Senior Citizen Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Corporate Travel Insurance
Key Features of Best Travel Insurance
- Compensation for Flight Issues
- Medical Emergency & Hospitalization
- Travel & Accommodation
- Legal Liability & Expenses
How to Choose Best Travel Insurance Plan
While planning a vacation with your family or a group of friends, you probably always think about adventure, entertainment, camping and fun and often overlook the likely eventualities like an accident, a sudden illness or a medical emergency. Below mentioned are couple of points which you need to consider before purchasing the best plan for you or your loved ones:
- Company’s Credibility
- Duration of The Travel
- Purpose of the Travel
- Sum Insured
- Claim Settlement Percentage
- Solvency Ratio
What are the Exclusions of a Travel Insurance Plan?
There are some common exclusions to a travel policy such as
- Flights/trains missed due to local protests/civil war
- Expenses incurred due to local protests/civil unrest
- Pre-existing conditions leading to hospitalization
- Baggage delay that is less than 24 hours
- Damage/loss of key
Claims Process for Travel Insurance
It is important to get a comprehensive travel insurance cover before commencing travel. One should opt for features that will cover likely travel related contingencies specific to one’s travel. This will prevent disappointment later when filing for travel insurance claim.
Always carry the main policy document when travelling. It is advisable to have photocopies of the document handy in case one loses the original copy. Keeping a PDF soft copy of the document is also a good idea. One can store it online, in email, on a pen drive or computer or on the mobile phone.
- In case of an emergency during travel, one should call or email the travel insurer to understand the claims process including supporting documents required specific to one’s case. The insurer’s contact number – customer care number (generally a toll-free number) and email address are always clearly mentioned on the policy document. One may have to call the contact number of their international partner if travelling abroad.
- One is then required to send supporting documents to the insurer by post, fax or email.
- Relevant documents like passport with immigration stamp, claims form, copy of policy, original bills and receipts, police report (if applicable), personal identity proof should be kept handy.
- Upon submission of claim including all required documentation and proof, it is assessed by a surveyor appointed by the insurance company and processed accordingly.